Do you know millions of Americans are missing out on basic opportunities as they don’t have a phone? They are even being deprived of fundamental rights like communication. SafeLink Wireless has brought good news for those people.
SafeLink offers free devices and cell phone services to eligible low-income families through the government assistance program. Those underprivileged can now get a free phone. Isn’t it lucky to have a cell phone for free? Undoubtedly!
So, does SafeLink have iPhones? Have they launched any program to provide SafeLink Free iPhone? This article will explain whether you can get a free SafeLink iPhone. Also, you will learn how to get a discounted or free Safe Link iPhone.
What is SafeLink Wireless?
SafeLink is a subsidiary of TracFone Wireless, established in collaboration with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). It’s a special program initiated to offer low-cost or free smartphones to eligible low-income households.
Their free government phone program is a lifeline for those in need. It’s not just a program but a way to connect people to essential services and opportunities. Above all, SafeLink aims to level the playing field for low-income individuals.
Why SafeLink Provides Smartphones?
SafeLink Wireless participates in the Lifeline Assistance Program and Affordable Connectivity Program. This participation has many special reasons. Below are some of the reasons why SafeLink provides smartphones.
- SafeLink ensures individuals from low-income backgrounds can participate in the digital world.
- SafeLink aims to provide equal access to technology for everyone, regardless of their financial circumstances.
- Providing free phones ensures that individuals with limited financial resources can access emergency services.
- SafeLink’s free phone program empowers individuals to improve their education and employment prospects.
- A free phone from SafeLink ensures that participants can stay connected with healthcare providers and access vital health information.
Why Should You Opt for SafeLink Wireless?
First of all, SafeLink Wireless is committed to helping low-income individuals and families access essential communication services. With that in mind, they offer free or discounted devices and services at no cost or contracts.
SafeLink doesn’t just provide free cell phones but also offers exciting deals on phone and internet services. This ensures access to essential communication and digital opportunities with no strings attached.
If you qualify for a SafeLink wireless free phone, you will benefit from the following deals.
- A free cell phone, including iPhones, if you are lucky
- Unlimited talk and text
- A specific amount of data based on the state
- An amount of hotspot data
- Other benefits, such as caller ID, voicemail, 3-way calling, nationwide coverage, etc.
Moreover, if you upgrade your mobile phone plan with an added cost, you will get added benefits. For example – the ability to make international calls and increased data allowances.
It is not necessary that you have to avail yourself of all these benefits only with their free phone. You can also use it with SafeLink-compatible devices. All it takes is to qualify for these benefits.
Does SafeLink Give iPhones?
So, you are about to apply for a SafeLink free phone iPhone. But does SafeLink really provide iPhones? Is iPhone compatible with SafeLink? It is true that SafeLink provides free smartphones to eligible consumers.
But it may not always be the iPhone. As per the latest news, there is currently no free iPhone for SafeLink consumers. Unfortunately, they are not providing a SafeLink wireless free iPhone through the government assistance program.
Still, you have a chance to own a SafeLink wireless iPhone. You can purchase an iPhone from SafeLink at a discounted price and pay it over time. SafeLink comes with special offers on a range of iPhone models.
How Can You Get a SafeLink iPhone?
What if there is no chance of getting a free iPhone for SafeLink consumers? SafeLink has an alternative option for you. They offer you the opportunity to purchase an iPhone at a lower cost and divide it over four installments.
The cherry on top is that they don’t charge extra bucks or internet when you pay in installments. This way, you do not have to bear additional costs. SafeLink included a range of iPhone models in their special offer, such as;
Apple iPhone 12
You can get this latest Apple iPhone model from SafeLink stores without breaking the bank. The total cost of 64 GB, pre-owned Apple iPhone 12 is $499. You don’t have to pay this price upfront. You can pay in four installments of $ 124.75 each or as low as $46/month with Affirm.
Apple iPhone SE (3rd Gen)
SafeLink offers the Apple iPhone SE (3rd Gen) model in four simple payment options. The new 64 GB iPhone SE (3rd Gen) costs $479. You can get this model by paying just $119.75 in four interest-free payments or as low as $44/month with Affirm.
Apple iPhone 11
The pre-owned 64 GB Apple iPhone 11 is available in SafeLink at just $349. However, you don’t have to pay this price at once. You can split the cost into four payments of $87.25 each or pay as low as $32/month with Affirm.
Apple iPhone SE (2nd Gen)
The total price of a new 64 GB Apple iPhone SE (2nd Gen) model is just $299. You can get it for just $74.75 per installment over four interest-free installments. Or, you can pay as low as $27/month with Affirm.
Apple iPhone XR
Get this pre-owned, 64 GB Apple iPhone XR model immediately without paying the $249 at once. Pay in four interest-free installments of $62.25 each without adding extra fees. Or, you can pay as low as $23/month with Affirm.
Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Apple iPhone 8 Plus is now available in SafeLink stores at only $199. However, you don’t have to pay this price at once. You can divide the payment into four installments of $49.75 each or pay as low as $18/month with Affirm.
Apple iPhone 8
Can you imagine you can get an Apple iPhone 8 at only $149? Indeed, it is possible when you purchase it from SafeLink stores. However, you can split this amount into four installments of $38 each.
SafeLink Free iPhone Program
Usually, SafeLink Wireless doesn’t provide free iPhones. Instead, they offer discounted iPhones to eligible low-income individuals and families. This does not mean that you will not get a free iPhone from SafeLink at all.
Since they offer free smartphones, iPhones are also included sometimes. You can still get an iPhone as a part of their package, including data, text, talk, etc. All you must do is check if you qualify for the discounted or free SafeLink iPhone.
How to Qualify for SafeLink Wireless Free iPhone?
Whether you want a free or discounted SafeLink iPhone, you must qualify for it. As SafeLink is a part of the government assistance program, it also has specific criteria. You can get a SafeLink iPhone by participating in the Lifeline or ACP.
You can qualify through the Lifeline program if your yearly household income is at or below 135% as per Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you participate in the ACP, your yearly household income must be at or below 200%.
Moreover, you can qualify for SafeLink free iPhone if you participate in one of the following government assistance programs;
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Free and Reduced School Lunch or Breakfast Program
In some states, i.e. those residing in Tribal Land must qualify for the following Tribal programs;
- Tribal Head Start
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
What Documents Are Needed to Verify Your Eligibility?
You must verify your eligibility for the SafeLink Free iPhone program by providing proper documentation. Depending on your state and personal eligibility, you must provide three types of documents.
Documents to Verify Identity
- Birth Certificate
- A valid government, state, military, or Tribal ID
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Certificate of US Citizenship or Naturalization
- US Driver’s license
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document
- Government-aided program document
Household Income Verification
If you qualify for SafeLink Wireless iPhone based on your income, you must provide the following documents;
- Previous year federal, state, or Tribal tax return
- Latest income statement
- Paycheck stub
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
Program participation Verification
If you participate in the above-mentioned government assistance programs, you must submit the following documents as proof.
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
How to Apply for a SafeLink Wireless iPhone?
Whether you are expecting a free or low-cost SafeLink iPhone, you need to apply for both. Follow the steps below to apply for the SafeLink Wireless free or discounted iPhone.
1. Check Eligibility
Determine if you meet the income or government assistance program requirements for the Lifeline program. You can visit the SafeLink website or call their customer service number to check eligibility.
2. Gather Documentation
Collect the essential documents, such as proof of income or participation in a qualifying assistance program. The type of documents you need to provide depends on your individual income or program participation.
3. Apply for the Free SafeLink iPhone Program
If you are eligible and have proper documentation, you are ready to apply for the free iPhone program. You can apply through the Lifeline Assistance Program or Affordable Connectivity Program.
Apply for your preferred program through the SafeLink website or by email. Complete the application form with accurate information and submit the required documentation. Now, wait for the approval.
4. Approval and Activation
After your application is granted, you can choose the model from their selection of iPhone models. SafeLink will send the iPhone to you. Then, you can activate your iPhone by calling the SafeLink customer service number or their website.
Available SafeLink Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program Plans
Currently, the following Lifeline and ACP plans are available in SafeLink stores.
Lifeline + ACP Plan
- Free smartphone or Bring Your Phone (BYOP)
- Unlimited data
- Unlimited talk
- Unlimited text
- Calls to Canada and Mexico
- 25GB high speed data
- Up to 5GB of hotspot data
- Unlimited texts
- 350 voice minutes
- 4.5GB data
- Free SIM card
- Unlimited talk
- Unlimited text
- Free SIM card
- Calls to Canada and Mexico
- 10GB data, including 5GB hotspot data
How to Enroll in SafeLink BYOP?
SafeLink offers a “Bring Your Phone” (BYOP) program that allows you to use your compatible phone with their service. Some companies, such as mobile carriers, non-profit organization, etc., provides free iPhone.
You can get a free, unlocked iPhone from one of them and enroll it in the SafeLink BYOP. Then, you can activate it through the SafeLink BYOP. However, you need to check whether the iPhone is compatible with SafeLink. To check compatibility, text “BYOP” and send it to 611611.
Restrictions for the SafeLink Wireless Phones
SafeLink Wireless, like other service providers, may have some restrictions or limitations for phones. These restrictions may vary depending on the specific program, your location, and changes in program policies over time.
Here are some common restrictions or limitations that you might encounter:
- Only one member from a household will be eligible for SafeLink iPhone.
- One family can apply for a free SafeLink phone through a single wireless provider.
- SafeLink Wireless typically requires users to recertify their eligibility annually or as specified in their terms and conditions.
- Different Lifeline service plans may have varying features, limitations, and data allowances.
- The benefits for your household are not transferrable to another household.
- You will be eligible for only one benefit. It may be a wireless or landline number.
- If you are getting Lifeline benefits through another provider, you must terminate it first before applying to SafeLink.
- Using an iPhone or any device incompatible with SafeLink Wireless may result in service issues or deactivation.
- SafeLink Wireless typically restricts users from reselling or misusing the free service.
- Providing fake statements can result in punishment by the law.
- If you no longer qualify for SafeLink services, you must notify it within 30 days to SafeLink Wireless.
SafeLink Wireless brings an excellent opportunity to those who may be left out of the convenience of modern technology. They are making a positive impact on their lives by providing free phones and affordable phone plans.
Thus far, you have learned if and how you can get a SafeLink free iPhone. So, if you want to try your luck, check your eligibility first and proceed with the application. Maybe you end up with an iPhone at a bargain.